Wednesday 2 November 2016

Simple and Healthy Lunches for virtual Assistant

It can be a real challenge figuring out how to feed yourself properly without overeating when you work from home, since the kitchen is always right there! It’s also tricky to do so without a lot of fuss because time can be tight on workdays. I want my workday lunch to be healthy and uncomplicated, but also somewhat attractive. It’s hard, though. It’s so easy to just shove some snacks or leftovers in your mouth throughout the day, never taking the time to realize what you’re eating… let alone enjoy it!



I think it’s important, when possible, to have a break away from your desk for a nice meal. Having a proper lunch on a nice plate or tray feels like a little indulgent break in the middle of the workday, but it’s also good for you and discourages mindless eating. With the warm weather, if you can take your meal outside and get some fresh air, it’ll be even more refreshing. Though, if you just want to eat your nice lunch while watching YouTube videos, I get it, believe me!





These simple and healthy lunches for Virtual Assistant  are currently my easy, lovely summer workday meals.
Mediterranean platter. Probably my favorite type of meal is a sort of snack-tray lunch. Obviously, you can change this up to your liking, but just to get you started here are my favorite ingredients:
 A small hunk of feta (or sometimes I substitute for whatever cheese we have on hand)
 Black olives
 Cucumbers and tomatoes
 A little sea salt
 Plain yogurt mixed with dill
 Hummus or beans
 Crackers
Slice the cucumber and tomatoes and sprinkle with sea salt. Put olives, yogurt, and hummus or beans into little bowls or as dollops on a plate. Spread everything out on a tray. Serve with your favorite lunch beverage. I’m a big sparkling water fan, but if you’re your own boss, you could go full Mediterranean and have a small glass of red wine! The whole meal looks really festive and also like a lot of food.
Ploughman’s lunch. Another snacky-type lunch. This one includes:
 Sliced meats, like turkey or ham
 A handful of almonds
 Whatever veggies you have on hand
 A hunk of cheddar
 Adding a nice piece of bread would make this lunch even more delightful
Basically, this one follows the same instructions as for the Mediterranean platter, above.
Zoodles with marinara. I am late to the Zoodles party, but now that I’ve had them I’m in love! These are quick and easy to make if you have a spiralizer, and only need to be cooked for a few minutes. There is really only three ingredients in Zoodles:
 Zucchini
 Olive oil or other cooking oil
 Sea salt
I top with a simple homemade marinara made from fire-roasted canned tomatoes, balsamic, olive oil, spices, etc. It makes a big, pretty bowl of food and is great when feeling like a hot lunch for a change.These are the three afternoon meals I’m currently loving. I think what I like most is just taking the brief pause in my day to take care of myself. Bonus points if it’s Instagram worthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment